Sunday, January 7, 2018

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone: A Book Review

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone: A Book Review

** SPOILERS**



I believe there's not many from my generation who didn't go, excuse my french, "ape shit" when these novels first debuted in the US in the early Y2K's decade. My mother and various relatives each contributed to getting me the entire series to try and spark a love of reading. Now mind you my love of reading didn't strike and stick until 2017. With showing little interest in wanting to read these novels back then my mom gave my series away. but now year 2018 is going to be different.

At 2:00 A.M on January 7th since about 6:30 P.M on the 6th, I pulled an all nighter just to finish this novel. All I can really say is it'll suck you in to the point when you snap back into reality you need to look around to see where you really are. While reading I felt like I was wondering the corridors of Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. This book really puts you into a sort of witchy trance and is extremely captivating. J.K. Rowling has one hell of an imagination and can put it to paper beautifully.

**Spoiler Alert**

The book has many similarities yet also some differences from their name sake motion picture. My favorite quote in this novel that did not turn up in the movie is by the poltergeist Peevy, he says "naughty naughty, you'll get caughty" and I found that very clever. it was easy to imagine Maggie Smith, Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Tom Felton, Alan Rickman, and others from the movie in place of their characters in the novel. I suppose it sort of takes away from the fun of imagining in your head what these characters might look like since J.K was very vague in describing the characters in my opinion.

I accidentally skipped ahead and read chapters 10 and 11 on my E-Reader which is actually my mobile phone a few days before my binge reading session. I had watched the movie recently and were remembering scenes from the movie that i hadn't actually read yet. Last night I went back ffffto Chapter 5 and read 8 chapters while skipping chapters 9 and 10 for obvious reasons. Then as soon as I awoke this morning I finished 16 and 17.

I'm rather looking forward to the remainder of this series now that I've tasted the world of Harry Potter behind the motion picture. I give major Kudos to ms. Rowling for her art on a pad of paper. I actually wish now I would have read it in Junior High like everyone else but I've never quite been on the trend train.

No comments:

Post a Comment