Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets: A Book Review

Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets: A Book Review

**SPOILERS**



I have been on a Harry Potter kick lately. It's extremely difficult not to get lost in these books. In fact, I read the second installment in less than 48 hours. I was on the edge of my seat with anticipation even though I have seen all the movies.

**SPOILER ALERT**

The novel has very few similarities to the movie. It has many differences as well. Ron's famous line from the movie "why does it have to be spiders, why can't it be follow the butterflies?" was not present in the book neither was a lot of Gilderoy Lockheart's amusing scene after his memory charm backfired. which was a bummer but there were a few amusing instances otherwise.

I liked how Tom Riddle explained to Harry about how Ginny Weasley wrote to him as if he were a personal diary. It's too bad Ginny was extremely foolish. Kind of makes you think that Harry could have done better in the end of the series as far as relationships go. The magic still stands however and this is an extremely enchanting book as I assume the whole series is.

J.K. Rowling has a knack for story telling. She captivates your mind with a charm of magic and adventure. She makes it damn near impossible to put down for there is something interesting happening within every page. The characters are delightful and fun to learn about and the main three, Harry, Hermione, and Ron have great chemistry which makes reading the book rather amusing.

I'm looking forward spending my free time getting into new adventures that J.K. has in store with this series of captivating novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment