Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban: A Book Review

Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban: A Book Review

**SPOILERS**




We all know the movie well, The novel however was quite different than the film. Not saying it was a bad read but I suppose it gave you more in depth insight as to what is really going on in the scenes that the movie didn't quite fill in for us.

It was slow moving at first but picked up closer to the end that made me not want to put it down until the last page. That was exactly what happened that I finally finished it last night. I will say this, J.K. Rowling has one hell of imagination and I absolutely love her character's names and the mythical creatures. I'd say my favorite was Buckbeak the Hippogriff. I imagined what it would be like to go soaring on his back. Then I remembered I am afraid of heights so that fantasy was short lived.

**SPOILER ALERT**

Another cool concept is the Time-Turner that Hermione used to get to all of her classes. You dial back the hourglass the amount of hours you wish to travel. Where in the novel they travel back three hours to save Buckbeak and Sirius Black.

This book had plenty of magic and suspense even though you may have watched the movie already (honestly, who hasn't?) it still sucks you in to wanting to know what happens and who did what. I also like how there's more to the story that wasn't featured in the movie. Makes reading the series after watching the films just as interesting as doing it the other way around.

Overall I give this novel, 3.5 stars. A+ for creativity and of course Kudos to the amazing author behind the magic and fantastical world of the witch and wizard community. Hats off to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment