Thursday, January 11, 2018

Addicted

Addicted



Have you ever been completely obsessed with something? I seem to be obsessed with books. Most of m adult life i've gone in and out of reading phases. It would hit and i'd read books back to back for around 2 or 3 months or so. After that time frame, it was like I was burnt out from reading. I couldn't bear to pick up another book. Now it's been about a year since my reading stint began and it's still going strong. Sure their are slower days where I would read but just not as much.

This new years so far i've been glued to the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I finished one I had started "last year" so to speak and then read the second in only two days. I also finished another book that is called Practical Magic written by Alice Hoffman. All good novels and somewhat different from their movies.

I have also been crazy about buying books. I've actually got six on their way in the mail as we speak. I love online as well as library bookstore browsing, it's a very good way to discover new authors. Browsing on sites such as Thrift Books or Discover Books because they are online thrift store retailers. This means they have used books for on average $3.50 so it's easy to get book crazy.

To be completely honest, i'm not too crazy about e-books. They have grown on me quite a bit as far as convenience when you're on the go. I like to read on my way too and from work so I keep man e-books on my phone since hardcover novels tend to be bulky and not easy to haul around everywhere. There's nothing like the musty smell and the feel of the pages between your fingers though. You don't have to worry about the battery dying mid sentence. no light? it's easy to buy portable book lights for your travels.

Made obvious by this blog, I like to review every book I finish reading just about the day after I read it while it's contents are relatively fresh in my mind. It's another way to share experiences and a way to learn about people. I love being able to share my opinion and give others ideas on what to read next. I even partake in a "We Love Reading" group on Facebook. It's easy to learn about new authors or different genres if you'd like to leave your comfort zone and try something new.

I'm rather glad this time my love of reading stuck. You learn a lot that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment