Thursday, December 27, 2018

A Dog's Journey: A Book Review

A Dog's Journey: A Book Review



This novel was much sadder than it's predecessor "A Dog's Purpose" It is about a girl named Clarity who was a very troubled teenager. She had a narcissist mother and eating disorder. She went with her best friend Trent to pick him out a puppy but one who was named Molly took a liking to her and she ended up leaving with. Like in A Dog's Purpose the dog gets reincarnated a few times and ends up Max and then Toby at some point.

Through this dog's lives it is trying to comfort and guide it's girl CJ (Clarity) into a better path learning valuable lessons along the way.  The love Molly/Max/Toby has for CJ is above anything else and endures many tests.

W. Bruce Cameron really did it a third time with this book. This is the third of his novels I have read and enjoyed it very much even though it almost drew me to tears a few times. It is written in a dog's perspective and contains heartwarming situations and sad events. The ending was sweet though and I really love this author's writing style. It took me longer to read because I'm still going in and out of my reading block.

These novels sure give you another view on a dog's mindset and gives you a higher appreciation for dogs. Don't like dog's? read these and it will leave you wanting one. I can damn near guarantee that. I think next book I read after finally finishing the Hobbit will be "A Dog's Way Home" by W. Bruce Cameron. I really can't get enough of his books.

No comments:

Post a Comment