Thursday, December 6, 2018

Dead Spot

Dead Spot


bored reading - OnePeterFive

Unfortunately I have been taking forever to finish a book. I'm sorry I haven't kept up on my blog, but as it being a book review blog I haven't finished a book to review. I'm calling it my 'Dead Spot' I occasionally go through phases where it's hard for me to pick up a book but I've been reading a couple little by little. The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien and Echoes of Evil by Heather Graham. I try to force myself to pick them up and read at least a chapter every once in a while but lately I've been forgetting to do that these days.

I hate when I go through these phases. I love to read normally and it sucks having a ton of books I look at in my room and no will to pick one up. Lord knows I've got a ton of books on my to-be-read list. Have you ever gone through reading dead spots? How did you get out of the funk? Like I said I am trying to force myself to read hoping the desire to read will come back but i'm having no luck thus far.

This is annoying because i'm starting to feel like my six year old. He refuses to pick up a book. Doesn't want to read anything or learn to read. Granted, I already know how to read I just don't want to read. My love for reading came later in life. Around my mid-twenties. I discovered I had a love for Crime, Mystery, and Fantasy. Occasional romance like Nicholas Sparks novels as well. I've also become a fan of Heather Graham who is the author of The Krewe of Hunters series I enjoyed and W. Bruce Cameron who wrote A Dog's Purpose which was an amazing read. I'm hoping to get the sequel (A Dog's Journey) for Christmas or perhaps buy it for myself beforehand if I can conjure up the dough, it's only $5 on Discover Books. Maybe that book will trigger my love for reading back. you think?

Anyway I'll try to broaden my blog horizon with other book related information. Maybe I can gain excitement over novel releases or I don't really know. I'll think of something I guess. Let me know if there's anything you want me to blog about and i'll try my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment