Friday, December 14, 2018

Echoes of Evil: A Krewe of Hunters Book Review

Echoes of Evil: A Krewe of Hunters Book Review

**SPOILERS**




This book is the 26th installment of The Krewe of Hunters series by Heather Graham. This one took me forever to read it seems. Partly because of my reading blocks where I just can't seem to pick up a book. It was also somewhat slow moving. Heather did manage to change the flow somewhat in this novel but overall it was the same idea. man sees ghosts, man meets damsel in distress, man and girl fall in love within' two days, there's some crime/mystery and ghosts mixed in throughout the book. After a while it gets tedious because you already figured out the pattern of the books.

**SPOILER ALERT**
This one was about a McFadden brother named Brodie. He is in Key West on vacation when he accidentally discovers a body strung to a shipwreck. He, with the help of a young woman named Kody McCoy work together to solve the crime with the help of two ghosts. Cliff who was another victim in this story and Captain Hunter who is Kody's residential 'friend'. Naturally there is attraction between Kody and Brodie and within days they hook-up and fall in love. Pretty unrealistic if you ask me. I will admit Heather did get me in the end with an unexpected pair of murderers. I will also admit that towards chapters 14 - the conclusion had me wanting more. it was very intense and mysterious.

Heather Graham is a relatively a good author. I wouldn't say she's as talented as perhaps Stephen King or Anne Rice but she seems to be my author soulmate. I have read eight novels from this series already and mean to continue to catch up on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment