Friday, January 4, 2019

The Hobbit: A Book Review

The Hobbit: A Book Review



I just finished this one after a long period of time. I don't know why it took so long when it's a classic and honestly not bad of a book. J.R.R Tolkien has a unique imagination and has become a beloved author of many tales. I had been going in and out of my reading blocks and just forgot to read it though i had breezed through other books. Reading this book I switched it up between E-Book and the paperback pictured above.

As everyone must know from either film or novel, This book is about the creature Hobbit  who goes on an adventure with dwarfs to claim back a treasure that was lost to the Dwarf king Thorin. The treasure was being guarded by a dragon named Smaug and this was a tale of their trials and triumphs. I find this book extremely creative filled with Elves and trolls. It was a great book but a little slow of a read.

This was a great prologue to The Lord of The Rings and now watching the movies of the same title some exchanges between Bilbo and Gandalf make more sense. I have an "ah that's what he was referring to" moment. I know it must've been silly to read the book after seeing the sequel's but I'm just a bigger movie buff I guess.

There was a reason I decided to read this book. I had watched the first Hobbit movie and I got to the second movie and their were event gaps that weren't existent in The Lord of The Rings movies. I had decided to read the book to see if it would fill in the missing pieces. Then when I saw how tiny the book was made me wonder how the hell they managed to squeeze three movies from it's contents.

But anyway, The book wasn't so bad, just dragged on partly however that just might be an unpopular opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment