Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Dying Breath: A Krewe of Hunters book review

Dying Breath: A Krewe of Hunters Book Review

**Spoilers**





on the 18th I had went to the Library down the street from my house. I decided not to go to the Harvey & Friends Bookstore and instead looked at the new release section. I came across this gem. Dying Breath by Heather Graham. It's the 21st installment of the "Krewe of Hunters" series which I wasn't aware of until after I read it. Kind've drives against my OCD, I hate reading books beginning in the middle of a series. Although with this one you could barely tell. It reintroduces the characters in each book and does subtle referrences to former books. Or so I believe since i've yet to read any of the younger of the series.

**Spoiler Alert**

The book is about Vickie Preston, a young woman living in Boston Massachusetts who is under FBI protection when clues come up referring to her name in the Undertaker murders. Various women come up missing and it's a race against the clock with Vickie's historic knowledge to find their locations based on the clues. She has a ghost friend Dylan who helps her on her journey as well as her protective love interest Griffin where she finds passion with throughout the novel.

Heather Graham is by far a genius! She keeps up on a story line that leaves you intrigued and wanting more. It keeps you on edge wondering what happens next. Her sense of mixing crime, suspense, mystery, fantasy, and romance all into one is rather interesting. I can definitely say I enjoyed this read very much. I didn't know it was even part of a series when I read it aside from the subtle referrences that appeared to have come out of the blue. I can only assume now that it's from the book's predecessors. I was hooked on this novel and now reading the 22nd installment Dark Rites which I will be sure to review as well. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment