Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Book Addiction

Book Addiction




It's official, I have a book addiction. I buy books wherever I find them. Whether it be given by friends, found at the little library bookstore, The Arts and Sciences bookstore down the street, or the Give-A-Book/Take-A-Book library staked down by my house. What is it I love about books so much? Maybe it's the awesome covers they seem to have that spark your interest. Or it could be the smell of the old musty delicate paper. I also love the texture of pages between my fingers as I turn page after page while being engulfed in it's content.


These are two books I picked up at the Library's little bookstore. Their titles and covers grabbed a hold of me and I couldn't pass them up. I usually give myself a $4.00 budget every Friday to hit up the Library and always seem to come home with a nice score. Occasionally, when there's a worker present I'll even get discounts. I went to the last book sale and got 4 dollars worth of items for $3.00 a dollar can go a long way there.


The next day something in my head told me to go back. Sure enough when I went, the bookstore was re-stocked and I came home with a nice book haul. You really never know what kind of goodies are in store for you when you go. I even bought Charles Dickens' Oliver Twist book at the Art & Sciences bookstore down the street.

I know I will probably never in my lifetime get to read all these books but they sure look nice on my bookcase don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment