Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Book Boredom

Book Boredom

**An Unfinished book review**


After finishing Heart-Shaped box I started this one called Morifications by Derek Palacio. I'm part of a books for reviews site and couldn't be more bored with this book. It's going to take me forever to read because I can only tolerate one chapter at a time. It's not up my alley much period! It's not that he's a horrible author, the writing style is very well done but the content isn't really compelling.

Most other books I've read had a vast sense of appeal. I'm the type to judge books by their covers and am not normally disappointed. I've read many great books just because of their awesome covers. Reviver by Seth Patrick, Shadow People by James Swain, Mermaid by Carolyn Turgeon, Horns by Joe Hill, The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks, Under The Wide and Starry Sky by Nancy Horan,You can find those characters easy to relate to and show empathy towards, and the content extremely captivating to the point they were difficult to put down. I think I read the hardcover version of Ann Rice's Interview With A Vampire novel in less than a week. I read that book everywhere I went, even at the doctor's office while I was waiting.

This book however is plainly dull. I suppose it would be more interesting if you liked Cuban-American's backstories and modern historic novels.  It is based around a family in the 1980's who come to the United States and start to drift apart with their daughters new found love for the Catholic faith, the son's rebelliousness, and the mother's love of a European man. There's so much going on that I hope the story gets better as I drag forward with it but it seems unlikely. I'll be happy to get this book over with, write my blasted review, and obtain a better read.

No comments:

Post a Comment