Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A Downhill Occurence

A Downhill Occurrence 




Something rather unfortunate has happened. I'm burned out from reading. For the last few months i'd read books cover to cover back to back from one novel to the next. Maybe i'm now worn out from reading. I hate it though because I used reading as my escape from reality. My reality rather sucks. More than enough family drama to last a lifetime, no social life of any kind outside of work, and occasional restlessness.

Why must this happen to me? This isn't the first time either. I go in and out of spurts of reading but this one I think lasted the longest. I went on a reading stint of about 4 months and now I can't even be bothered to pick up a book without getting bored a couple sentences in. I'm not sure if this is part of my mental illnesses or just my personality as a person.

I get completely obsessed about reading. I'll read all day on my free days and stay up late into the night to get a book finished, constantly go to the library to find books to buy that I plan to read but never actually get to, then all of a sudden it disappears completely and I won't even want to pick a book up and I switch to buying movies at the library instead.

It's almost like I become bibliophobic. I completely forget I have a book case in my room filled with books I haven't gotten around to reading. I can't even stand to start reading again and it's highly annoying to me. I suppose all I can do is force myself through it and read until I push myself into another stint. Does this ever happen to you? How do you get around it or force yourself through these stages?

No comments:

Post a Comment