Sunday, April 19, 2020

Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix: A Book Review

Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix: A Book Review



          I had started this book two years ago. I hadn't gotten very far before putting it down i'm afraid. It was very long and I went into a long "not wanting to read" hiatus. Then the Quarantine from COVID-19 hit and I figured, "now is as good a time as any" to start finishing the books I bookmarked and shelved! This was the third unfinished book on my shelves I decided to give another try. Happy to say, it hooked me and I was kicking myself for ever putting it away.

          This is the 5th book of the Harry Potter series and although I have seen the movie, The movie really did this book no justice. The villainous Professor Umbridge was a real diabolical shit-bag in comparison to how she was in the movie. There was also, from my recollection, a lot of things changed out in the movie that were in the book. You get a more in-depth to how events really laid out in J.K. Rowling's mind that had explained how some of the movie contents were supposed to play out.

          My heart really went out to Professor Snape more in the novel. You really start putting the pieces of the mystery together as you read forth deeper into Rowling's head throughout the book. Someone on Goodreads compared this book to a refrigerator in the fact that it is rather bulky. To be fair, by the end of the book, I was sad that it was over as to actually be fair though. the length and my diagnoses of ADHD did not match up well. It is hard for me to sit still for a long period of time. I got lost in this book though and found myself reading chapter after chapter for hours at a time. As an accomplishment to myself, I would read about 100+ pages a day and would have to fight myself to close the book after finishing a chapter so I could sleep.

          This was a very charming, sort-of comical, kinda sad. but very entertaining installment to The Harry Potter series and I was happy to finally finish it after two years. I highly recommend this on a lazy day where you just want to sit around cuddled up with a blanket, book, and a cup of coffee or even tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment