Thursday, April 12, 2018

Midnight Crossroad: A Book Review

Midnight Crossroad: A Book Review



I discovered this series when they released a television series called Midnight, Texas. I can honestly say the series was much better than the book. It had more action and paranormal events. It was full of magic and mystery.

No offense to the author Charlaine but she lacked detail. This book was supposed to be filled with paranormal occurrences but all it really indicated was Lemuel was a vampire and Fiji was a witch. Manfred didn't have awesome paranormal experiences with the dead like in the series and honestly I would say it (the novel) was rather dull. Want to know how dull? Let's just say I started the book on November 8th, 2017 and just finished it yesterday aka April 11th, 2018.

The book was very slow moving and not all that captivating. It was hard to even want to pick up. I digress, towards the end it did achieve a more satisfactory amount of content but it was short lived with its mediocre ending. I bought this three part series expecting it to be as good as the tv show but it ended up being rather disappointing in the end.

Honestly though, The only reason I'm considering giving the second book in the series a try is because from what I remember of the television show, it gets more exciting. As I had said, if you find this book anywhere, don't waste your money on it just watch the show instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment