Thursday, May 10, 2018

Phantom Evil: A Krewe of Hunters Book Review

Phantom Evil: A Krewe of Hunters Book Review




I had started late in the series with the Krewe of Hunters novel "Dying Breath" by Heather Graham. I had gotten so addicted that I eventually went back to start reading the older novels from the series to play catch up. This was the first novel of the series and I had read the e-book version since it was on my phone. Published in 2011 it introduces us to the crew. Jackson, Angela, Will, Jake, and Whitney.

This book would be classified under the paranormal/fantasy/crime/suspense/romance genres. It appeals to many. I am more a fan of subtle romance. I could do without the sexual content throughout the novel. I would have to say though, I love Heather's writing style. I am at the edge of my seat wanting more to the point I read the whole book in a few days.

This book follows a man named Adam Harrison who puts together a team of members who have a sixth sense for the paranormal. They are helped in solving crimes from those beyond the grave as they are discovered. This particular novel follows the Axeman of New Orleans, Louisiana. What I like about these novels as they are inspired by truth and spawn off from the history of the events.

I actually looked up these events and even though they are not portrayed as they were in the book, they were based on truth. The team works together with their new friends from the netherworld to crack the case of the mysterious death of a politician's wife and the can of worms that are unfolded in their investigation.

Aside from the sex scenes between two of the members of the team who find lust and love in the most unlikely of places at the most inopportune time, The novel was very good and it was a pleasure to read. I would recommend this novel to just about any woman who is into these types of novels. I would like to note that the sexual content is more or less hinted in the future novels without the in depth detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment