Friday, December 1, 2017

The Next Full Moon: A Book Review

The Next Full Moon: A Book Review

**SPOILERS**




I read this novel in October. It was a rather slow read even though the storyline was decent. It is of the pre-teen audience which made me a little bored at times at the teenage behavior of the main character who is a 12 year old girl. The book managed to leave some questions answered. I liked another one of this author's books so I gave this one a shot. Though it was decent, I wouldn't say I was anywhere near impressed with this one.

This book is about a 12 year old girl named Ava who, as a pre-teen, is going through some normal and abnormal changes.  there's also a family secret that was hidden from her by her father. She spends the upcoming summer uncovering the secret on the journey to self-discovery. There's teenage romance and a great deal of fantasy in this book  but I'd have to say it's a bit premature for an adult to really take any pleasure in reading.

I wouldn't say it was really the author's fault in this. She wrote to the audience it was ultimately aimed for which was non-adult pre-teens in which she captivate's the troubled circumstances she is going through and made the character completely relatable to a 12-14 year old girl. Reading this I flashed back into a sense of nostalgia about my teenage years and going through puberty and being a bit boy crazy. I had my fair share of problems in my youth along with the trouble of starting to learn about myself and who I might become.

No comments:

Post a Comment